How to Pick Out a Burglar Alarm Company
Crime can hardly be predicted. It can happen anytime, anywhere. And we can never be sure that we are out of harms way not even in our own homes.
Alarm systems are one of the protective mechanisms being used against crime, particularly burglary. Today, safety alarms are manufactured in electronic forms. Samples of these include easy-to-install door sensors, portable vehicle protection devices, and sophisticated wireless home security systems.
If you want to avail of professional services with your home alarm system, you can hire a burglar alarm company. Using special computers and phone lines, as well as competent staff, alarm system companies look after the security system of homes and commercial businesses. They also coordinate with the appropriate authorities in case of security emergencies. Of course, their service comes with a monthly charge. The experience and quality of service should also be measured if hiring a burglar alarm company is being considered. That is why, it is important that you should make some research before selecting one.
Choosing the most fitting burglar alarm company should not be a tedious job if you know the proper procedures. Below are some useful guidelines you can tag on while considering hiring such companies.
Running an Initial Examination
* Call the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association. Request for a copy of the registered member companies in your locality.
* You can also ask from them copies of brochures or magazines that provide information about home security. Read them so you can get acquainted with the basics of home protection and the terminologies employed by the industry.
* Solicit referrals from your neighbors, relatives, friends, and insurance agents.
* Call the companies suggested by your neighbors, relatives, and insurance agents, as well as those listed by the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association. Make sure that they are duly licensed and recognized by the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association. Moreover, inquire if they take part in the Installation Quality Certification Program.
* Reduce your selections to approximately five companies or less.
* Arrange for a meeting with the representative of the companies. Schedule the appointment in an occasion when all the members of the family can attend. This is to be sure that all of them will know what the representatives have to offer about their systems.
What to inquire to the representative
* During the appointment, ask the agent the following questions:
o For how long has the company been running? This will give you an idea of the experience of the company in the industry.
o Is the monitoring station operating 24 hours in a day? Is the customer service line accessible 24 hours a day, as well?
o Is the monitoring centers power supply well backed-up? You should be assured that in cases of power interruptions, your home must still be under continuous monitoring.
o Has the company undergone proper training programs? Are the staffs of the company equipped with the required skills needed for the installation or operation of employed equipment? Are they trained in troubleshooting or repairing the system, as well?
o Ask the representative to make an inspection of your area. In addition, you can also insist that he write recommendations with supportive explanations.
You can make your personal assessment of the company through your interview with its representative. If he has provided you with honest and appropriate answers, it is a sign that you can have a good deal.